Cycles and Celebrations Drink Walk
Drink your way through the heart of Oaxaca.
Support our local economy while experiencing Oaxaca’s best flavors! This experience will take you on a sensorial journey through four local women-owned businesses and will bring you the best that Oaxaca has to offer in coffee, artisan beer, mezcal, and hot chocolate.
We will enjoy these four iconic Oaxacan drinks in some of their most delectable presentations. Each stop will be filled with cultural tidbits, anecdotes, and local information connecting the four beverages to the cycles and celebrations of Oaxaca.
Moving in a cyclic manner allows for harmony with nature, with our surroundings, with each other, and with our own bodies. Everything rises and falls, and in Oaxaca, society is accustomed to opening and closing cycles with certain rituals, many of them involving iconic beverages. From the planting of a harvest, to the birth of a baby or the celebration of someone’s passing into the other world, we celebrate with coffee, beer, mezcal, and chocolate.
Venture with us through various cycles and celebrations right in the heart of the city center. This experience also includes snacks and a slider (vegetarian and gluten-free options available), so think of it as a meal in addition to an amazing time.
What to Expect
Step Two: Once we’ve found a date that works for our hosts and for your group, we will send you a Paypal request for a deposit for your experience or an invitation to sign up using our website calendar. (Feel free to check our calendar for the experiences we currently have confirmed!) *
*Your experience will be open to additional folks to join unless your group is composed of 6+ people or you reserve a private experience at an additional cost.
You can see our refund policy here.
Step Three: We will meet you at Tlayudona, located inside the Plaza San Cristóbal in street M. Bravo 210 local C, Centro.
- A guided stroll starting from Tlayudona and embarking on four sensorial adventures
- Visits to four women-owned local businesses
- 3 tastes of coffee beverages and a mini- dessert
- A flight of 3 small craft brews
- A burger (veg and GF options available)
- 3 mezcales and a small snack
- 2 types of chocolate drinks
- Chia and lime drink (instead of coffee), dessert
- A kiddie “mocktail” (instead of the beer flight) and an artisan PB & J sandwich (or the burger)
- A light snack and mineral water during the mezcal tasting
- One type of chocolate drink and a freshly-baked cookie
Logistics and Cost
Time Involvement – 2.5 hours
Transportation – None
Costs and Minimums – 1,650 MXN
Super-discount for groups of 6 or more: 1,500 MXN per person!
Minimum # of participants: 3