Book a Tlayudona driver if you would like to see several destinations in a single day!
Do you already have an itinerary in mind? Or would you like to tell us a little bit about your group and we can help you plan an amazing day catered specifically to your needs? This is our most flexible solution, which is sure to leave everyone in your group feeling happy and satisfied! We can even send you out with a translator to ease any language barriers.
“What if I want to see the local markets but my travel partner prefers to visit palenques? We both want to see some ruins, but have no idea how long we’ll want to stay.”
Tlayudona has a variety of transportation options for you, your family, or your small group.
Whether your interest lies in scenic routes, artisan villages, mezcal, or a splendid array of Oaxacan activities, we can meet your needs.
MAKE A DAY OF IT
SOME IDEAS FOR INSPIRATION
Because we have years of experience with local hosts, we can create a personalized day trip for you and your family or small group that blends the comfort of private (air-conditioned) transportation with authentic local experiences that are beyond the typical tourist trajectory.
Here are just a few ideas based on trips we’ve arranged in the past:
- The quintessential route: Tlacalula/Market, Tule/The “big tree”, Matatlán/Mezcal, Teotitlán/Weaving, Hierve el Agua/ Petrified Waterfall at your group’s pace (no rush, personal interactions with cultural hosts & artisans, open end-time that allows you to maximize your day, etc)
- Authentic personalized palenque visits amongst various mezcal distilleries that preserve artisan and ancestral methods (far from the “tourist traps”)
- A day of visiting villages renowned for their artisan work. We work personally with artisans from alebrije, pottery, and weaving communities who are happy to give you anything from an overview to a hands-on workshop
- Another tried-and-true route: San Bartolo/Black Pottery, Santa Catarina Minas/Mezcal, Tilcajete/Alebrijes, and Ocotlán/Art & Architecture
- An immersion in the significance of corn in terms of culture and gastronomy, ranging from an academic foundation provided by a local NGO dedicated to food sovereignty to hands-on experiences in the campo learning to convert corn into tortillas and tamales
PLAN YOUR TRIP
TALK TO US ABOUT OUR HALF-DAY AND FULL-DAY RATES
Our pricing/transportation depend on whether your group is composed of:
Between 2-4 people (air-conditioned sedan)
Between 4-6 people (air-conditioned SUV)
6 or more people (air-conditioned touristic van)
About Our Drivers
Each of our drivers is certified, licensed, insured, and either native to Oaxaca or has spent over a decade in the region! Some are bilingual, and others will arrive with a local bilingual companion to translate for your group!
All of our drivers have been trained to offer services that inspire confidence, safety, and security for all visitors, regardless of gender, orientation, race, or any other identity-based trait.
Whenever we help you organize a day-trip we take into consideration the following:
How many people are in your group?
Does your group have specific areas of interest?
Does your group have any special needs?
What is the age-range of your group?
What is your group’s time-frame?
What are your dates of availability?
Does your group need a Spanish-to-English translator?
What activities and sites are currently open and offer the safest options due to the pandemic and other local legislation?
Do you need help planning several days? Click on the green icon below to contact us to schedule a FREE 15 minute video chat via Whatsapp. We can’t wait to get acquainted and see how we can best meet your group’s needs!