Drink your way through the heart of Oaxaca.
Support our local economy while experiencing Oaxaca’s best flavors! This experience will take you on a sensorial journey through four local women-owned businesses and will bring you the best that Oaxaca has to offer in coffee, artisan beer, mezcal, and hot chocolate.
We will enjoy these four iconic Oaxacan drinks in some of their most delectable presentations. Each stop will be filled with cultural tidbits, anecdotes, and local information connecting the four beverages to the cycles and celebrations of Oaxaca.
Moving in a cyclic manner allows for harmony with nature, with our surroundings, with each other, and with our own bodies. Everything rises and falls, and in Oaxaca, society is accustomed to opening and closing cycles with certain rituals, many of them involving iconic beverages. From the planting of a harvest, to the birth of a baby or the celebration of someone’s passing into the other world, we celebrate with coffee, beer, mezcal, and chocolate.
Venture with us through various cycles and celebrations right in the heart of the city center. This experience also includes snacks and a slider (vegetarian and gluten-free options available), so think of it as a meal in addition to an amazing time.
What to Expect
Write to us and request this experience, telling us how many people are in your small group and what your dates of availability are. If we can arrange this experience on a whim and availability aligns, we are more than happy to do so!
Step Two: Once we’ve found a date that works for our hosts and for your group, we will send you a Paypal request for a deposit for your experience. This deposit is non-refundable. In case of an emergency with our hosts, we will do our best to reschedule with you at a mutually-convenient time. If that is not possible, we will refund your deposit.
Step Three: See you at Tlayudona!
210 C inside the Plaza San Cristobal on M. Bravo Street
- A guided stroll starting from Tlayudona and embarking on four sensorial adventures
- Visits to four women-owned local businesses
- 3 tastes of coffee beverages and a mini- dessert
- A flight of 3 small craft brews
- A burger (veg and GF options available)
- 3 mezcales and a small snack
- 2 types of chocolate drinks
- Chia and lime drink (instead of coffee), dessert
- A kiddie “mocktail” (instead of the beer flight) and an artisan PB & J sandwich (or the burger)
- A light snack and mineral water during the mezcal tasting
- One type of chocolate drink and a freshly-baked cookie
Logistics and Cost
Time Involvement – 2.5 hours
Transportation – None
Costs and Minimums – 1,250 MXN adults, 750 MXN children
Minimum # of participants: Two