- Feb 01 2024
- 08:00 - 18:00
Mezcal Immersion: Yagul Valley
A Real Ranch Experience Amongst Archeological Treasures and Mezcal Galore!
Venture off the beaten path of Oaxaca´s mezcal route to an authentic distillery where you can witness each step of the mezcal-making process, from the agave plant to the bottle.
Just like on any real farm, nature will dictate the details of your day’s experience. You might go on a hike amongst an array of agave varieties, or hop into the back of a pick-up truck to journey farther out into the fields. You could even find a true archeological artifact on your path to add to our distillers’ heritage collection.
What we can assure you is that you will have an amazing and unique experience, and that you will have all of the mezcal your heart desires by the time the day is through!
Each time we go out to these fields, we come out learning something new. It’s wonderful to watch this family of distillers work together to bring us the best experience, which culminates in a delicious lunch made from locally-harvested ingredients.
You will feel at home in mezcal country without a doubt, and you’ll know where to return when your bottle and your spirit need to be filled!
• Transportation from/to Tlayudona (210C M.Bravo Street, Colonia Centro)
• Breakfast at a rural Oaxacan spot
• Visit to the agave fields where you can spot several varieties of cultivated and wild agaves
• Explanation and talk with the distiller/s about the history and the process of mezcal
• Local, organic lunch (veg options, but do let us know about any restrictions beforehand!) made by the host family
• Tasting of various artisan mezcales
• The opportunity to purchase mezcal directly from the distiller
• Spanish/English translation
Logistics and Cost
• Time Involvement: Approximately 6 Hours
• Transportation: Round trip from/to Tlayudona (210C M. Bravo Street, Colonia Centro, inside the Plaza San Cristobal)
• There is a minimum of 2 people for this experience. If you are a single person who would like to sign up for this experience, you can cover the minimum cost of 2 people or write to us to see when we have this experience on the calendar with that minimum requirement already met.