This experience utilizes our Covid Protocol. Please make sure to go over our protocol and to only reserve an experience if you´re in complete agreement with the terms. We are working hard to keep everyone in our community safe, from our visitors to our translators and hosts, to family members and other people on-site at our experiences. This requires that we all work together in community!
This green daytrip was designed from the throes of our cabin fever in order to provide us all with a beautiful day in the pine forest. You will experience:
- A historic molinillo workshop (pictured here) where you will learn how these wooden marvels that froth your chocolate to perfection are created. And they won´t let us leave without a tasting of locally-baked bread and a quintessenttial hot chocolate!
- Our partnering host Lucia will teach you how to weave your own unique souvenir out of the pine needles . She was raised in the sierra with tradition of weaving the needles into functional art.
- You´ll have a hearty brunch made with local ingredients from the region.
- We´ll stop at a local spot where jams and preserves are made on-site from regional fruits and other plants.
What to Expect
Step One: Read our Covid Protocol. If you agree with these terms and practices, write to us and request this experience, telling us how many people are in your small group and what your dates of availability are. Let us know where we’re staying so that we can arrange to pick you up on the agreed-upon date.
Step Two: Once we’ve found a date that works for our hosts and for your group, we will send you a Paypal request for a deposit for your experience. This deposit is non-refundable. In case of an emergency with our hosts, we will do our best to reschedule with you at a mutually-convenient time. If that is not possible, we will refund your deposit.
Step Three: We will pick you up at 8:30 a.m. to arrive in the Sierra by 9:30 a.m.
Round trip transportation leaving from/returning your location following our Covid Protocol.
Demonstration of the molinillo workshop. Talk and chocolate, sweet bread.
- The opportunity to purchase directly from local artisans
- Sarcina workshop (the art of weaving with pine needles)
- A refreshing drink to accompany your workshop
Experience does not include:
- Purchases from the artisans (artisans are compensated for their time and purchases are not required, although it´s a great opportunity to support the local economy in a direct and sustainable way)
- Additional food and drink purchases outside of:
- Sweet bread and chocolate to start your day
- A full brunch of one of three menu options (we will provide the menu upon booking)
- A drink during your sarcina workshop
Logistics and Cost
Time Involvement – Approximately 8 Hours
Transportation – Round trip from/to your home, hotel, or a central location.
Costs and Minimums –
2,200 MXN per person
1,950 MXN per person for 2 or more people
Minimum 4 people, Maximum 9 people for social distancing in the van (*van seats 14)
(You can schedule this experience for your private party of 3-5 people!)