Book a Private Day Trip With a Tlayudona Driver
Tlayudona has a variety of transportation options for your small group….
We are actively revising our Covid Protocol and continuously updating our connections with our experiencing hosts and neighboring villages, to be able to offer you low-risk options for your group.
Whether your interest lies in scenic routes, artisan villages, mezcal, or a splendid array of Oaxacan activities, we can meet your needs.
Here are just a few ideas based on trips we’ve arranged in the past:
- The quintessential route: Tlacalula/Market, Tule/The “big tree”, Matatlán/Mezcal, Teotitlán/Weaving, Hierve el Agua /Petrified Waterfall at your group’s pace (no rush, personal interactions with cultural hosts & artisans, open end-time that allows you to maximize your day, etc)
- Authentic personalized palenque visits amongst various mezcal distilleries that preserve artisan and ancestral methods (far from the “tourist traps”)
- A day of visiting villages renowned for their artisan work. We work personally with artisans from alebrije, pottery, and weaving communities who are happy to give you anything from an overview to a hands-on workshop
- Another quintessential route: San Bartolo/Black Pottery, Santa Catarina Minas/Mezcal, Tilcajete/Alebrijes, and Ocotlán/Art & Architecture
- A trip to Sola de Vega for an immersion experience in mezcal with the Fanekantsini Mezcal Cooperative and the maestra mezcalera Sósima
- An immersion in the significance of corn in terms of culture and gastronomy, ranging from an academic foundation provided by a local NGO dedicated to food sovereignty to hands-on experiences in the campo learning to convert corn into tortillas and tamales
Because we have years of experience with local hosts, we can create a personalized day trip for you and your family or small group that blends the comfort of private (air-conditioned) transportation with authentic local experiences that are beyond the typical tourist trajectory.
We will take into consideration the following:
- How many people are in your group?
- Does your group have specific areas of interest?
- Does your group have any special needs?
- What is the age-range of your group?
- What is your group´s time-frame?
- What are is/are your group´s date/(s) of availability?
- Does your group need a Spanish-to-English translator?
- What activities and sites offer the safest options for your groups given the current state of the pandemic?
Contact us here with the answers to those questions and we can send you an itinerary/pricing for your trip. We do our best to work well even within short notice, although there´s a better chance that all of the factors will align to plan your perfect day if you give us advanced notice.
In general, our pricing/transportation depend on whether your group is composed of:
- Between 2-4 people (air-conditioned sedan)
- Between 4-6 people (air-conditioned SUV)
- 6 or more people (air-conditioned touristic van)
We are looking forward to the opportunity to be able to plan an amazing day for your group!