This is the “light” version of our in-depth coffee-roasting course, for those of you who want to get your feet wet. We’ll pull out the flavour wheel and do lots of cupping so that you get an idea of what types of flavours you’re aiming for in your roast, so come with your belly full and ready for an abundance of delicious coffee! You get to roast your own coffee in a group setting without having to delve into the depths of too much science, and you get to go home with a pound (approx 454 grams) of high-quality, locally-grown Oaxacan coffee bagged up in our artsy screen-printed bags.
Cafébre is known for their commitment to local producers, fair trade, and to uplifting the Oaxacan specialty coffee scene in general, and they are excited to share their love for all-things-coffee with you.
The coffee you roast in this course makes for the perfect gift or souvenir from Oaxaca, although one past participant admitted to hoarding all of her finished product for herself because it was just too good to share! This course is offered in Spanish or English by Kate in Cafébre´s cozy centric location.
- 1 lb of high-quality locally-grown coffee scouted out and chosen specifically by Cafébre to reflect their commitment to quality and to stimulating the local market
- Cafébre´s artisan hand-printed bags in which to bag up your goods
- Instruction by some of Oaxaca´s most dedicated young professionals in the coffee scene
- An introduction to quality and specialty coffee, the flavour wheel, defects and attributes commonly found in coffee
- An introduction on how to cup coffee in order to highlight quality and consistency or to weed out defects… Basically, how to differentiate the “good” from the “bad”
- The best caffeine buzz in Oaxaca, in Cafébre´s cozy, boho-chic Oaxaca de Juárez downtown location
- Snacks and a great time
Cafébre, 108 M. Bravo, Oaxaca Centro
Time Frame: Approximately 3 hours
Cost: 1,400 per person
Minimum amount of participants required to schedule this experience: 3
(Or the equivalent of 4,200 MXN.)